Consumers today have a strong interest in where their food comes from, including how food animals are raised and handled. To help build consumer trust in dairy products, the DCWC is pleased to offer the webinar series. The webinars feature top-rated topics from previous DCWC Annual Symposiums as well as other pertinent subject areas. The webinars offer an opportunity to learn about food integrity and communicating with the consumer as well as animal-human interaction at the farm level.
The live educational sessions will be available at no cost to attendees around the world. Recordings are available to DCWC members (membership information).
Wednesday, March 14, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. EST
- "Moving forward with group housing of dairy calves: What you need to know and important considerations"
- Dr. Joao Costa; Assistant Professor, University of Kentucky
- Milk-fed calves are typically housed individually and fed restricted milk allowances, but group housing and high milk allowances are becoming very common in North America. This webinar will review the key management practices that are fundamental for a successful group-housing of dairy calves. Dr. Costa will describe group housing practices, benefits, and problems, and suggest practical solutions for common problems faced on farms.
- Register HERE
- "Lameness Myths and Reality"
- Dr. Gerard Cramer, University of Minnesota
- Recorded on February 13, 2018
- "The Fact and Fiction of Developing Practical Animal Care Programs"
- Dr. Brandon Treichler, Select Milk Producers
- Recorded on January 10, 2018
- "Best Practices and Training for On-Farm Euthanasia"
- Dr. Jan Shearer, Iowa State University
- Recorded on September 20, 2017
- "The Modern Bovine Maternity Ward"
- Dr. Donald Niles, Dairy Dreams LLC
- Recorded on April 4, 2017
- "Monitoring Personnel Performance with Emphasis on Animal Welfare"
- Dr. Gustavo Schuenemann, Ohio State University Extension
- Recorded on March 15, 2017
- "Food Industry and Consumer Perceptions"
- Charlie Arnot, The Center for Food Integrity
- Recorded on November 15, 2016
DCWC members have unlimited access to recordings in the membership portion of the website (member login).