Consumers today have a strong interest in where their food comes from, including how food animals are raised and handled. To help build consumer trust in dairy products, the DCWC is pleased to offer the webinar series. The webinars feature top-rated topics from previous DCWC Annual Symposiums as well as other pertinent subject areas. The webinars offer an opportunity to learn about food integrity and communicating with the consumer as well as animal-human interaction at the farm level.
- "Forming High Performing Down Cow Care Teams"
- Dr. Conrad Spangler, Veterinarian, Riverview LLP
- To be held August 7, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Time)
- There is no cost to register for the live webinar, but you must register:
The live educational sessions will be available at no cost to attendees around the world. Recordings are available to DCWC members (membership information).
- "Overcrowding Dairy Cattle: Behavior, Health, and Productive Consequences"
- Dr. Rick Grant, Miner Institute
- Recorded on May 8, 2019
- "Designing the maternity pen with the cow’s natural behavior in mind”
- Dr. Katy Proudfoot, The Ohio State University
- Recorded on April 17, 2019
- "Healthy Gut, Healthy Calf, Productive Future"
- Dr. Michael Steele, University of Guelph
- Recorded on March 13, 2019
- "Considerations for implementing aggressive use of polled genetics"
- Dr. Chad Dechow, Penn State University
- Recorded on January 23, 2019
- "Lifestep - a lesion oriented approach to solving lameness problems in dairy herds"
- Dr. Nigel Cook, University of Wisconsin
- Recorded on April 3, 2018
- "Moving forward with group housing of dairy calves: What you need to know and important considerations"
- Dr. Joao Costa, University of Kentucky
- Recorded on March 14, 2018
- "Lameness Myths and Reality"
- Dr. Gerard Cramer, University of Minnesota
- Recorded on February 13, 2018
- "The Fact and Fiction of Developing Practical Animal Care Programs"
- Dr. Brandon Treichler, Select Milk Producers
- Recorded on January 10, 2018
- "Best Practices and Training for On-Farm Euthanasia"
- Dr. Jan Shearer, Iowa State University
- Recorded on September 20, 2017
- "The Modern Bovine Maternity Ward"
- Dr. Donald Niles, Dairy Dreams LLC
- Recorded on April 4, 2017
- "Monitoring Personnel Performance with Emphasis on Animal Welfare"
- Dr. Gustavo Schuenemann, Ohio State University Extension
- Recorded on March 15, 2017
- "Food Industry and Consumer Perceptions"
- Charlie Arnot, The Center for Food Integrity
- Recorded on November 15, 2016
DCWC members have unlimited access to recordings in the membership portion of the website (member login).