Consumers today are very different than they used to be, yet have a strong interest in where their food comes from, including how food animals are raised and handled. To help build consumer trust in dairy products, the Dairy Cattle Welfare Council (DCWC) is pleased to announce the webinar series. These educational sessions will be available to attendees from across the United States as well as around the world.
The webinars feature top-rated topics from previous DCWC Annual Symposiums. These dairy welfare webinars offer an opportunity to learn about food integrity and communicating with the consumer as well as animal-human interaction at the farm level.
- "Best Practices and Training for On-Farm Euthanasia"
- Dr. Jan Shearer, Iowa State University
- September 20, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. EDT (Eastern Daylight Time)
- "The Modern Bovine Maternity Ward"
- Dr. Donald Niles, Dairy Dreams LLC
- April 4, 2017
- "Monitoring Personnel Performance with Emphasis on Animal Welfare"
- Dr. Gustavo Schuenemann, Ohio State University Extension
- March 15, 2017
- "Food Industry and Consumer Perceptions"
- Charlie Arnot, The Center for Food Integrity
- November 15, 2016
DCWC members have unlimited access to all recordings in the membership portion of the website (member login).